EPSIAE 2013 , Birmingham City University, April 2nd - April 12th
Welcome to the home page of the EPSIAE programme.
The programme aim is to make students aware of the necessity for more sustainable ICT and to confront them with different aspects to resolve the problems of energy and materials waste in ICT. Viewpoint is, that ICT solutions would benefit from:
- teamwise multidisciplinary approach, as solutions often depend on knowledge areas other than ICT.
- understanding geographical impacts on solutions, a local working solution could fail elsewhere.
- solid professional networks, IT professionals should mantain an international multidisciplinary network .
The students will perform a 3-phased project, focussing on improving the sustainability of an organizational unit involved with ICT:
- phase 1 : design a solution for a Green-IT related topic (home phase).
- phase 2 : present the solution to all the other participating students
- phase 3 : after a board of instructors reassigns the students projects to the groups, the students redesign the solution unrestricted and provide for a display of the results in a designated museum site.
More detail will be provided in the "Program" section of this website
After its first year in 2010, the program was applied for funding by the European Erasmus program again in 2011 and 2012.
Funding regards the mobility costs to create a co-operation between the 6 co-operating European Universities.
After the year 2013, EU's subsidizing will stop. As the participants keep believing in the importance to educate our students (your future employees?) to keep sustainability in view, suggestions and of course contributions for keeping EPSIAE alive are highly appreciated.
Yo can refer to Ernst Mak of the Inholland University, author and technical coordinator of EPSIAE,
ernst.mak @ inholland.nl
this website stores a cookie on your system to administer the PHP session,
named PHPSESSID which expires at the end of your session.